Zucchini Linguini with Fresh Tomato Sauce
What you need:
- 1 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, chopped and separated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped and separated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 basil leaves, separated and chiffonade cut (fine ribbons)
- 1 sm eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lg zucchini, spiralized
- Freshly ground sea salt and pepper
What you do:
- Add 1 c tomato, garlic, lemon juice and 1/8 c EVOO to food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the chiffonade basil leaves
- Heat 1-2 tbs EVOO in sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 min.
- Add eggplant and onion.
- Cook for about 5 min, stirring often, adding EVOO if needed.
- Add zucchini.
- Cook for 3 min, stirring often, until zucchini is softened and begins to turn translucent.
- Add remaining tomatoes.
- Add tomato sauce to sauté pan.
- Cook until tomatoes are heated through.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan and remaining basil chiffonade.