Flaky Pastry for 2 Crust Pie
2 pints fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 C Sugar
¼ C all purpose flour
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
dash ground cloves
2 Tbs. butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tbs. water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Gently wash and drain berries.
- Place berries in large bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Add to berries and toss lightly to combine. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate and dot with butter.
- Make several slits near center of second half of rolled pastry top for steam vents. Adjust over filling. Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust and press together, crimping decoratively.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 Tbs water. Brush lightly over top crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until juices start to bubble through steam vents and crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack at least one hour. Serve slightly warm.